Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Spring Forum, Illinois Kids, and Sleeping Beauty!

Hello all! Wow, have these past few weeks been busy! The weekend of May 22-24 all of the Miss Illinois contestants met in Springfield for our Spring Forum. The weekend began with turning in paperwork, and that night 10 of us girls and our very own Miss Illinois Katie Lorenz went out for dinner! We had a great time getting to know each other as well as learning from Katie! Saturday we spent the day learning our opening number, attending meetings, as well as listening to 3 wonderful speakers. Carl Chu, Staci Boyer, and Jojo Sayson all helped motivate, and give us tips. Saturday night we attended the Illinois Got Talent Competition, and I was so impressed! All of the performers did a fantastic job. Congrats to Kole Bossong for winning!
Sunday, after attending a few more meetings, we went to the Miss Illinois Outstanding Teen and Pre-teen pageants. The young women did a beautiful job! Congrats Peyton Tucker (pre-teen) and Andrea Novak (teen)!




Friday May 29th, my princess Victoria and I rode in the Belleville Shriner's parade. Unfortunately I was feeling a bit under the weather, but the smiles, cheers, and little girls in the crowd who believed I was a real princess made all of the sickness go away! Victoria and I had a fun time and even created our very own handshake.. haha! At the end of the night my princess was so worn out, we looked in the back of the car and found our very own sleeping beauty! :)

Saturday May 30th, I was the emcee for the Illinois Kids talent competition at O'Fallon High School. Illinois Kids is a state competition in the America Kids program. I had a great time introducing the talented acts, and talking about my journey as Miss Central Illinois, and the Miss America Organization.

Tomorrow I am speaking to young women at Moye School "Manners and Modeling" camp about Character Counts and following your dreams! I am looking forward to this and will talk more about it in my next entry.

Today is exactly 2 weeks before I leave for Miss Illinois. Time has gone by so quickly! I have been dreaming of this, and I know everything is in God's hands!

Thank you for reading my blog! Check back soon!

Blessings to you!
Jamie Johnson
Miss Central Illinois












No comments:

Post a Comment