Thursday, March 12, 2009

Exciting News and Events!

Ever since being crowned Miss Central Illinois, amazing opportunities have been coming my way! I have been heavily promoting my platform trying to get into as many schools, and be involved with as many organizations relating to my platform so that I can to reach out to as many people possible. I am so proud to announce that I am a new advocate for the National Institute of Drug Abuse. I will now be able to work with NIDA spreading the message of alcohol and substance abuse education. I will continuously update my blog with information for events that are coming up with NIDA. I urge you to visit their website http://www.nida.nih.gov/ for more information on the wonderful programs they have! I have also booked an appearance for March 31 at O'Fallon Township High school speaking at their Blizzard event. Blizzard is an event where all of the incoming freshman come to learn about high school, and about making good decisions. I will be a speak about alcohol education, and the importance of being active and involved in school activities. I would like to give a special thanks to Beverly Fulton for all of her help with my day fit for a queen! Thank you your work is appreciated :)! Thank you for reading my blog! Check back often! - Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment