Monday, March 30, 2009

Do you live in a mansion? :)








On Friday March 27th I was honored to be the Guest Speaker at Lebanon IL Elementary School's D.A.R.E graduation. The day began with an introduction about the D.A.R.E program from officer David Tutterow. The graduates then received their diplomas. Next up was me! I had put forth much effort to make sure that I 1) related to the students, and 2) really got my message across. I shared with them how to take the lessons they have learned in D.A.R.E about alcohol, drugs, and violence and use that to help them make smart decisions for the rest of their lives. I used the Character Counts six pillars of Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring and Citizenship to help them learn the importance of character and being our best self. The students were extremely responsive and attentive! Thank you students for being a fantastic audience and thank you parents for participating as well :) . After my speech the students closed their graduation singing two songs about what they learned in D.A.R.E. They did a fabulous job! Next we attended a reception in celebration of the students. This was really fun! I was quickly approached by a group of girls to see if I would sit with them...I said "Well Of Course!!" I had a blast getting to know the kids and answering their funny questions. Some of my favorites were " Do you live in a mansion? Did a limo take you here? and What celebrities do you know?" It really is humbling and heart warming just to realize the impact we have on children as titleholders. We also took some funny pictures, and learned how to sit like a queen! Thank you to Lebanon school for the wonderful Experience!




The same day, I visited my princess Tori Fulton's Kindergarten class. I could only stop by for a minute because they were making daffodils :). At school, a girl has been bullying my princess, and I wanted to bring a smile to her face and let her classmates know that they have a real princess in their class. The students thought Tori was the coolest girl in the world, and needless to say the girl is no longer bullying Tori!




Thank you for reading my blog! Check back soon! - Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment